Friday, March 6, 2009

Feature Friday-Yogurtland



Today I met with a couple of my girlfriends for a rare outing since I had Baby Joe . We decided to go to 2nd Street in Belmont Shore, a beach town region of Long Beach. After much debate we ended up at BJs Pizzaria, but that is not why I am writing this post. It's the yummy aftermath that has put a smile on my face and in my tummy!

During our lunch one of the ladies suggested we have an after lunch treat at Yogurtland. I am not a huge fan of frozen yogurt. I think I've been to Golden Spoon a handful of times and never had any interest in the much raved about Pinkberry. I prefer good ole creamy ice cream. Mint Chocolate Chip and Pralines and Cream please!

As we entered Yogurtland the first thing that struck me was the cute, trendy decor and the no cameras icon on the front door. HUH!!

It's a self-serve froyo place with 16 distinct flavors and 30+ toppings to choose from (almost too many choices). Besides the traditional Vanilla and Strawberry, there was Cheesecake, Taro, Mango Tart, and Green Tea. After staring at the many flavors, I just had to make a decision, so I chose a few. Cheesecake, a mix of Irish Mint and Chocolate, Green Tea and Bananas Foster. What can I say!!

You pay by the ounce, 0.30 cents, and it was much cheaper than Cold Stone Creamery or even Baskin Robbins. It was surprisingly creaming and rich, not icy or bland. I was in love!

So the next time you are in the mood for a little sugar on the tongue and you want a cold, creamy treat that is not high in calories, try Yogurtland. It made me believe in frozen yogurt again!!

1 comment:

  1. there's one in the cerritos mall and one near csulb/VA hospital in that plaza with ralph's. ironically, it's right next door to dairy queen! haha

    ReplyDelete